Level 4 Diploma for School Business Managers
Level 4 programme details
ILM Level 4 Diploma for School Business Managers – for new and existing school business managers
The recently-developed ILM Diploma qualifications are closely linked to the latest ISBL Professional Standards for school business managers (SBMs) and reflect the changing roles performed by school business professionals across schools and academies.
The new Level 4 Diploma for School Business Managers features:
• 15-16 months study
• Accreditation by ILM
• Up-to-the-minute content
• Aligns with latest Professional Standards (ISBL)
• Blended learning (includes 4 x regional face to face sessions) or fully online pathways
• Level 4 full programmes start termly during 2023/24 – apply now
• Prices for full programmes include ILM accreditation
• Level 4 Individual Units also available (see details below) – apply now
These qualifications are designed specifically for school business professionals and aim to provide the knowledge and skills required to develop your career further. They will also enable school business management professionals to:
• manage school resources more efficiently and effectively
• evaluate the nature of school business operations within your school
• gain specialist expertise in business support services
The Level 4 Diploma programmes are open to all schools (and paid for directly by your school) and are separate from the apprenticeship scheme – they are not eligible for apprenticeship funding.
The Level 4 Diploma is open to new or aspiring school business managers, as well as those already in post as an SBM or a similar role (such as Finance Manager, Office Manager, School Administrator, Business Support Officer, Bursar, HR Manager, etc).
Further information is available in our guidance FAQs document available under Key Documents (on right of this page). See also price list (in Key Documents, right) for latest pricing information.
Why choose to study with us? Click here to find out about our specialist expertise in delivering school business management programmes. You can read a case study about the experience of one of our participants here.
Level 4 Blended Learning
- Apply by : Fri 15th March 2024
- Start : 29th April 2024
Level 4 Fully Online
- Apply by: Fri 8th Dec 2023
- Start Date: 22nd Jan 2024
Level 4 Individual Unit
This now includes ILM accreditation - See table below for next dates
- Finance & HR units
- starting during 2023/24
All prices exclude (but are subject to) VAT.
|Level 4 Blended Learning (710)||15th March 2024||29th April 2024||Apply Now|
|Level 4 Fully Online (715)||8th Dec 2023||22nd Jan 2024||Apply Now|
|Level 4 Individual Units|
|Managing HR in Schools £491 + VAT (725)||19th Jan 2024||4th March 2024||Apply Now|
|Managing School Finances £491 + VAT (720)||12th Jan 2024||26th Feb 2024||Apply Now|
For some examples of current school business manager vacancies and other information about the school business management profession, please visit the ISBL website. ISBL (Institute of School Business Leadership) is the new name for NASBM (National Association for School Business Management), a partner organisation of the SBM Partnership. Note: ISBL offer a reduced membership fee to participants on our Level 4 SBM programmes. Contact us for details.
- Level 4 Diploma FAQs (Aug 2023)
- SBM Price List (2024)
- SBMP Terms and Conditions v.18 (Jan 2023 )
- Information for HT and COGs
- Guidance for Aspiring Level 4 Applicants
- List of information and policies for L4 participants
What the participants think
" I have really enjoyed the course so far, it has been hard work but has made me think outside the box. I feel that I have already learned a lot about School Business Management and I am looking forward to beginning the operational units."
Current Level 4 participant, who has just completed DU1
We are an Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Approved centre to deliver the Level 4 Diploma for School Business Managers